Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ricotta and Spinach Canneloni

Here is a recipe we made in class when it was class PINS. Four students made this and enjoyed eating it for lunch.

Ricotta and Spinach Canneloni


Ingredients

Filling
San Remo Canneloni tubes
225g ricotta or cream cheese
1/4 cup grated cheese
250g spinach or silverbeet
2 egg yolks (separate the yolk from the eggy stuff)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
pinch of nutmeg
1 clove garlic, crushed

Sauce

425g can tomato puree
teaspoon ground basil leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 level teaspoon salt
pinch of black pepper

Topping:

1/2 cup grated cheese


Method:

Mix spinach, ricotta, eggs, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper together thoroughly in a medium sized bowl. Fill the canneloni tubes with this mixture using a spoon.

For the sauce

Heat oil in a saucepan, add tomato puree, basil, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Remove from heat.

Canneloni

In a greased ovenproof dish, pour a layer of the sauce but leave enough to cover the canneloni tubes when they are filled. Place the canneloni side by side in the dish and cover with the rest of the sauce.

Sprinkle with grated cheese.

Bake in oven at 200 C degrees for 25-35 minutes.

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks fun and delicious[from Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. very yummy I wish I get one by Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Yum and probably is Yum.By Xavian

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like your group had fun.By Kuresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could have some. Looks yum. (Jaanvi)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so delicious, it makes me hungry. mmmmmm. ( Yang Yang)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks yyyyyyyuuuuuummmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT WOULD TASTE NICE (SAMARA)

    ReplyDelete
  10. IT LOOKS YUMMY I WISH I COULD HAVE SOME (KAEA)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU CAN NOT HAVE SOME KAEA

    BY ZAIRON AND TAONGA

    ReplyDelete
  12. The canneloni looks so YYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM.
    I wish I had a piece. Marco.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum I wish I had some with you Mr Nisbet I want some to. from Jaz

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want some.I will definitly try it
    by Adithi

    ReplyDelete