Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My New Violin Jaanvi.

                                  My New Violin.

In the holidays my family and I went to KBB's music store to buy me a violin for me.The violin they brought is a pink violin. I liked it because it was shiny with a pink bow and a red case.

Rosin is a white powder that you put on the bow. The rosin was really shiny at first, but then my dad scratched the top with a sharp knife because, the white powder or rosin comes out when, I rub it on my violin bow.

If you were wondering what the rosin does, it gives a stronger sound to let more volume go through the two "f''s"that look like "S's" on the violin.

My first lesson was with bridget my violin  teacher. She taught me the notes and asked me to pluck the high notes.

Bridget is nice. She is teaching me how to play ''bow down old Belinda.'' I'm learning how to pluck the high notes. That was G and D. Bridge is also teaching me how to hold the violin bow. It was very hard because you have to hold the violin firmly with your shoulder but hold on to the bow tightly.

Then we went home and I memorised all the notes in the song. It was easy memorising the notes because there were only a few of them. I love having a pink violin with a red case.


5 comments:

  1. Nice story Jaanvi, I really like it. It sounds really fun, and hope you like your new violin.(Yang Yang)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a nice violin story Jaanvi !!!!

    from Samara and Zairon

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a beautiful weekend!


    By Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you like play violin. by kuresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now we can be violin buddies.


    from Adithi

    ReplyDelete